Michael Tsen's Saga
M
i
c
h
a
e
l

T
s
e
n

t
e
l
l
s

s
t
o
r
y

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Color Blind Drivers

Hi, my name is Marron.  I am color blind since I was born.

This is the normal traffic light most of you would see



when I look at exactly the same traffic light, this is what I see instead.



So do you think I will stop or drive through when you see the light is RED ?

Ok, let me start the story from the beginning then.  I started learning to speak when I was about 1 year old.  My mom always pointed to my truck and teached me, "RED truck!".  When I said ".... truck ...." at 3 years old then she would repeat a few more times of the words "RED" just to make sure I got the color right.  I still have the picture of my RED truck, see below.


I also have another toy, the GREEN car !  My dad always taught me to get the color right too, "GREEN" car !  See !  Its almost purely GREEN except the steering and wheels.


When I approached my 10s, mom bough me a RED shirt.  I love it and I still keep it for my kids today !
Then before I went to my prom night, my mom bought me a GREEN dress.  It stunned the whole dance floor that night.

So when I see this,
I actually think like this ...
and when I see this, my brain tells me this ...

So it doesn't really matter what I see actually.  Ahtough when I see a green item, I will say "This is Red".  You look at it and it is Red to you too.  So when I said, "pass me the red sauce", you would most probably pass me the right bottle.

So do you think I will stop or drive through when you see the light is RED ?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The green I see might not be the green you see cos i was born to know THIS is green but to u, it is red.

Are you actually making fun of people with color blind, or you were trying to tell a joke here? My above comment is from a latter point of view, as an absolute normal person with good sight.

Mt. said...

you may miss some important messages other than joke and fun here ... its perfectly 'OK' for a 'color blind' person (as implied by you - abnormal) to drive on the road.

You are still judging the color blind (abnormal) by assuming you (not color blind) is the normal ones, whiles the other way around will perfectly give the same result.

精神年齢 said...

あなたの精神年齢を占ってみよう!当サイトは、みんなの「精神年齢度」をチェックする性格診断のサイトです。精神年齢度には、期待以上の意外な結果があるかも??興味がある方はぜひどうぞ

メル友募集 said...

今まで同い年や年下としか付き合ったことなくて疲れてしまいました…優しくリードしてくれるような大人の男性に憧れます。 ayu-cha@docomo.ne.jpよかったらメールしてみてください。

逆円助 said...

さあ、今夏も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか?当サイトは円助交際の逆、つまり女性が男性を円助する『逆円助交際』を提供します。逆円交際を未経験の方でも気軽に遊べる大人のマッチングシステムです。年齢上限・容姿・経験一切問いません。男性の方は無料で登録して頂けます。貴方も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...