Michael Tsen's Saga
M
i
c
h
a
e
l

T
s
e
n

t
e
l
l
s

s
t
o
r
y

Friday, January 22, 2010

The other side at the peak of Mount Kinabalu



Once you reach the top of Mount Kinabalu, the highest peak in South East Asia. You are standing on a 50 square feet rocky area. Usually the first thing you see is the sky, sun rise and everything else is under you. Thats the east side.


If you turn around, you will see the shadow of Mount Kinabalu, cast by the sun shine. A pyramid's shadow ... with its tip at infinity. This takes more of my breath away than the sun rise. I have seen many sun rises. But I haven't seen anything that can block sun lights at this grand level ...




Then in between you would see the path you have just climb up from. The south side.


And the north is simply grant forest view.

If you turn back to the east side again and look down, you should see the scary part where it is free fall straight down to who knows where. Thats the side with the fences as well. The yellow oval marked in below map where I am talking about ...


Mount Kinabalu is a sleeping volcano. It has erupted before and it may or may not erupt again. This is the part half of the peak was ruptured and the entire 'hole' is black lava remains.

It is black, dirty, ugly and scary. But even more astonishingly amazing to me than the sun rise and the shadow. As if I am witnessing the fall of the half empire ...

What I don't understand is ... how come I couldn't find any one talked about this part of the peak ? And I couldn't seem to find any pictures taken toward this angle. I so wanted to take a clearer look into these lava scratch lines again ...


Sometimes when the beautiful sun shine is right there in front of you, you may not remember the ugly black lava beneath your feet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...