Michael Tsen's Saga
M
i
c
h
a
e
l

T
s
e
n

t
e
l
l
s

s
t
o
r
y

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

DIY Dog Food Dispenser

Recently I just realize I have no one I can rely on to help feed my dog if I leave home longer than usual. Due to incapacity to fund a dog food dispenser tool myself, I had to come up with something from nothing.

... and I made this at last minute. Once my dog finishes eating his portion, the food will automatically dispense more portion slowly. I adjusted the height so that the auto dispense portion is just nice for his appetite.


The dog eating motion will automatically shake the container to dispense too. Everything works ... relatively fine. And there is no training required to the dog. Everything works under mother nature (gravity) and instinct.


Methods I used
  • Take an empty water container,
  • Cut the bottom out with a knife, ( don't throw away, I used it as a lid later )
  • punch one hole at the center of each side of the container
  • use 2 ropes
  • each rope goes through the adjacent corner holes ( not opposite nor cross )
  • tight each rope somewhere higher
  • test put some content in it and see if it works
  • adjust the height so that the portion is as desired
I did all these in less than 10 minutes at first go. So it shouldn't be too tough a job. I spent most time in testing the portion size with height.

It works best with water.

You can add a one-flip-lid to the opening too. In that case you don't need to adjust the height. But then you will need to train your pet how to open the lid herself. I didn't have time so I skipped that part.

Hope this helps just in case there is such person in this world so poor and so lonely who can't even find someone to feed his dog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...